Military/Veteran Student Services

Request Certification of VA Benefits

Email School Certifying Official

Counseling/Disability Services

My Financial Aid

My Academic Info

VA Benefits and Education Info

Campus Events

Student Handbook


To Schedule a meeting with your Academic Advisor, Click HERE 





Benefits and Services Information

Military and Veterans VA Benefits Information:

Campus Benefits for Veterans & Service Members

  • Dedicated study room
  • Priority scheduling and registration
  • Dedicated staff to assist with needs specific to military students



Needed Paperwork(Turned in to the School Certifying Official):


A copy of your DD-214

A Certificate of Eligibility (COE) from the VA.



School Certifying Official

Dr. Natalia Melgarejo



Counselor / Manager of Disability Services

Melissa Saxon-Price



Enrollment Verification:


At the beginning of each Fall and Spring semester, the student must request to use VA Benefits using the Request for Certification of VA Benefits form.


During the semester, please contact the School Certifying Official if you drop, add, or withdraw from Johnson College, or are deployed/activated.


If you would like to use benefits for the Winter/Summer semesters, please reach out to the School Certifying Official about steps to follow.






Chapter 33:

This chapter is for current or former active-duty service members, who have served after September 11, 2001. This chapter is also for spouses and dependents who have had benefits transferred to them.

Benefits are prorated based on the percentage of your eligibility. Each service member will be different based on their length and type of service.


Post-9/11 GI Bill students who receive Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) and/or kicker payments need to verify enrollment every month via WAVE.


Chapter 30 and Chapter 1606:

Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 30) and Montgomery GI Bill Selected Reserve (Chapter 1606) students are already required to verify their monthly attendance via WAVE. YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE PAYMENT UNTIL YOU VERIFY YOUR ATTENDANCE AT THE END OF EVERY MONTH YOU ARE IN CLASSES.


The MGIB-AD is paid directly to the student and so the student must make accommodations to pay all tuition and fees to Johnson College.


Chapter 31:

This chapter is for veterans with service-connected disabilities. Eligible veterans should contact the Department of Veterans Affairs, 1123 East End Blvd, Wilkes Barre, PA 18702, 570-821-2501. The VR&E will approve your eligibility and forward all the necessary paperwork to the Certifying Official at Johnson College.


Chapter 35:

This chapter is for qualified spouses/dependents of deceased disabled, or MIA Veterans.



More information:

Johnson College Earns Military Friendly School Designation